“If you think it’s expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur.”
I believe this quote comes from a man named Red Adair, an American oil well fire-fighter who pioneered the highly specialised profession of extinguishing and capping oil well blowouts.
Adair was obviously an expert in his field and set his price accordingly. He understood that his knowledge and experience had an inherent value that would save someone money, if they would allow him to do the job right the first time.
Most of us don’t take this simple advice until it is too late and after thousands of pounds have been probably been wasted.
Coming back to the topic, I always think of our first PPC (Pay-Per-Click) client who proudly stated that being a Google Partner was a “waste of time” and not “being worth the paper that it’s written on”.
Wordstream reinforces this by claiming that having a driving licence doesn’t make you a good driver. They are, of course, trying to sell their software though!
Who would you trust more, a driver with or without a licence?
Google Adwords Certification shows that you have an interest in the subject, that you are willing to learn and that you at least have the basic understanding of the subject.
I have seen so many PPC campaigns run by smart, intelligent people who make huge mistakes in thinking that were saving themselves money. In reality, unless you know what you are looking for, you may never realise where the budget is being wasted. People often don’t value, what they don’t understand.
- Being a Google Partner is just the start of the journey. It provides the foundation to expand your knowledge and gives confidence to your clients that their budgets are in safe hands.
- Being a Google Partner means that you have to meet spending and performance requirements and that you meet Google’s standard for best practices.
- Google Partners with a large spend have direct support from Google to help with unexpected problems.
- Google Partners take exams in Adwords Fundamentals, Search, Display, Shopping, Video and Mobile Advertising. Partners also receive free training to be able to maintain best practices.
(You can have your Partners status removed if standards are not maintained.)
- By working with a certified Google Partner you can be sure you’re getting a high level of value from their services.
ib3 is a Google Partner and we do make a difference.
To find out how we can help you make a difference, call Frank today on 01892 559121 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.